Martin D. Gould | Romanucci & Blandin
Martin D. Gould (“Marty”) is an Associate Attorney at Romanucci & Blandin, LLC. As a trial lawyer, Marty represents victims of catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death and medical malpractice, auto accidents, construction and other personal injury related cases.
While he was a full-time student at Chicago-Kent College of Law, Marty served as a law clerk to Antonio Romanucci, founding partner at the firm. Last spring, Marty helped Antonio’s litigation team prepare for a two-week trial in the Federal District Court for the Middle District of Florida in a case involving the wrongful shooting death of an unarmed man. The jury returned a verdict in excess of $2 million for the family and estate. Since being promoted to Associate Attorney, Marty has worked on several complex and high profile cases in multiple jurisdictions across the country. Recently, Marty has made an appearance on ABC 7 News to discuss a case involving a video recording device that was unknowingly placed in his client’s bedroom.
Marty graduated toward the top of his class from Chicago-Kent College of Law, cum laude, and was a published member of the Chicago-Kent Law Review. He was also a Legal Writing Teaching Assistant and six-time recipient of the CALI Award for receiving the highest grade in the class in Legal Writing I-III, Illinois Evidence, Pre-Trial Civil Litigation, and Conflicts of Law. Currently, Marty is an active member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and volunteers his time on the Justice Council for the Center of Wrongful Convictions (Northwestern Law). Marty earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Northwestern University, where he was also a four-year member of the Northwestern Varsity Wrestling Team. The team placed 4th in the NCAAs Marty’s sophomore year in 2007.
J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, cum laude, 2014
B.A., Political Science, Northwestern University, 2009
Honors & Awards
- Marty was selected as a 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star, a distinction that is limited to only 2.5% of the attorneys in Illinois.
- Chicago-Kent Law Review, The Conflict Between Forum-Selection Clauses and Consumer Protection Laws: Why Illinois Got It Right In Jane Doe v. Match.com, Spring 2015.
- RT America Live Interview with Anya Parampil, “ACLU Win Over Chicago Police Department’s ‘Stop & Frisk’ [Policies] is Start of Police Reform,” August 18, 2015.
- ABC 7 Eyewitness News at 10 p.m., Special Investigative Report with John Garcia, “Man Speaks Out After Finding Camera Hidden In Smoke Detector In Bucktown Apartment,” January 22, 2015.
- Legal Broadcasting Network Interview with Cecil Caulkins, “Lawsuit Challenges Chicago PD’s Stop and Frisk Policy; Attorney Martin Gould Explains,” April 29, 2015.
Speaking Engagements & Legal Presentations
AAJ 2015 Annual Convention, Created “Overcoming Juror Bias in Police Misconduct Cases” Presentation with Antonio M. Romanucci, Montreal, Canada, July 13, 2015.
Speaker, “Introduction to Personal Injury Law,” Chicago-Kent College of Law, October 20, 2015.
Speaker, “Dr. Martin Luther King Forum: Civil Rights and the Chicago Police Department,” A Professional Responsibilities CLE Event, Chicago-Kent College of Law, January 21, 2016.
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Justice Council, Center of Wrongful Convictions (Northwestern Law)
- Northwestern Alumni Association
- Chicago-Kent Young Alumni Council
- Advocates Society (Polish-American Lawyers)
- Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- JUF, Young Lawyer’s Division
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Public Justice (PJ)
- Co-Chair of Young Lawyer’s Division, Decalogue Society, 2015-Present
- Young Alumni Board Member, IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2015-Present
- Board Member of Young Lawyer’s Division, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2015-Present
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Illinois, 2014
- Northern District of Illinois, 2015
- Pro Hac Vice, Northern District of New York, 2015
- Pro Hac Vice, Middle District of Florida, 2015
- Pro Hac Vice, Western District of Louisiana, 2015
- Pro Hac Vice, Northern District of New Jersey, 2015
- Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2016
No Fee Unless We Get Results
At Romanucci & Blandin, we handle all cases on a contingency basis. We get paid only if you receive compensation in your case or if we prevent the insurance company from stopping or altering your benefits.
Contact the Chicago Police Misconduct Attorneys at Romanucci & Blandin for a free consultation if you or a family member has sustained an injury resulting from a police misconduct case.
To schedule a free initial consultation, call (888) 458-1145 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 24 hours a day 7 days a week.